Saturday, September 8, 2012

We called malunggay

Asian countries like India or philippines. In English, it is sometimes called referred to as horseradish leaf or horseradish plant, although it's a different species from the horseradish that Westerns. The tree grows fast and survives well in drought conditions.  Last week i cook this because i miss to
eat filipino food especially the horseradish leaf wow i  never knew that the name of this green tree is horseradish leaf  because as you can see the root is green and also the leaf. To many filipino missed this type of stuffs. In order for you to buy this you have to go to the asian store or nearby store, and you can find it.




My breakfast. Malunggay with fish. super yummy. To all who didin't knew this. don't eat. LOL.

Malunggay leaves are popularly used in Filipino soups and broths especially tinola. The leaves are said to increase lactation in nursing mothers. Filipinos like to say that malunggay is the most nutritious plant in the world.” It is rich in vitamins A and C and iron. A study recently found that malunggay increases sperm count in men.


9 comments:

  1. Awwww! I have just actually harvested the last batch of my malunggay plant before winter comes. I love, love, love malunggay! I bet you had a divine breakfast with that! :)

    http://www.progressiveparenting.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. delish indeed Marie :-) if we come to visit, will you cook me that soup too? You makes me drool :-)

    http://www.jessysadventure.com/2012/09/how-to-get-stay-fit-right-in-your-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. ayay! my comfort food. look at the horseradish leaves, they're fresh. unlike here, i buy the frozen ones because i'll purchase the fresh ones it'll cost me nearly $5 @_@

    http://www.noypeeto.net/2012/09/this-is-now-our-chance.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how i miss making tinola with malunggay in it! It is good for cold season. I can't wait to get some when I had a chance to go to an Asian store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only rely on our asian store here if they have malunggay fresh so I can cook with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen in the news that there is a place here in the phils that is called the malunggay country. I think its in Ilocos where they plant malunggay even in the side streets;)

    Blogging at http://www.zowanderer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy guacamole! can I come? I've been dying to eat this kind of dish...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geeez fish plus malunggay leaves perfect for sabaw hehehe ugh i missed those stuff hayz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a coincidence! I have similar previous post. And yes, what better way to use malunggay than to pair it with fresh catch fish in a soup.

    ReplyDelete